Due to changes that Google made to its User Data Policy, we developed G Merge Plus. (Read our blog post for details.)
G Merge users will need to transfer over to G Merge Plus before January 1, 2020 to avoid the risk of G Merge not functioning as intended if Google disables certain functions.
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to migrate your G Merge data into G Merge Plus (includes a printable PDF of the instructions at the bottom of the page):
Step 1: Install G Merge Plus.
Step 2: Copy your old G Merge settings and templates.
Step 3: Run G Merge Plus and reproduce your G Merge settings on G Merge Plus.
Step 4: Copy your templates into G Merge Plus.
Step 5: Uninstall G Merge.
Step 6: Repeat steps 2-4 for each spreadsheet where you use G Merge.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Install G Merge Plus. You can do this in two ways:
- Directly navigate to and install G Merge Plus from the G Suite marketplace, or
- From Google Sheets, click on "Add-ons" in the menu bar, then "Get Add-ons" and search for "wizy" or "G Merge Plus". Click on the G Merge Plus icon and install it from there.
2. Copy your old G Merge settings and templates.You will need to scribble down or take screenshots of your G Merge settings for each spreadsheet, so that you can replicate them on G Merge Plus.
a. Run G Merge on your spreadsheet. Unschedule any scheduled merge campaigns, if any, by clicking on the “Unschedule” button.
This is an important step to avoid any conflicts or confusion between the two applications.
6. Repeat steps 2-4 for each spreadsheet where you’ve used G Merge.
You may also download a printable PDF version of this article below.